From Kasane: Sleeping Under the Stars at Makgadikgadi Pan
Join this group camping tour to the vast Makgadikgadi salt pans from Kasane. Sleep under the stars in the area where all human life began. Marvel at a spectacular sunset and sunrise. Benefit from included hotel pickup and drop-off, dinner, and breakfast.
- Discover the vast salt pans in the Makgadikgadi region of Botswana.
- Delight in a magnificent sunset over the open area
- Sleep under the stars and wake up to a beautiful sunrise
- Visit the area where humans began to evolve about 200,000 years ago
- Enjoy included dinner, breakfast, camping equipment, and hotel transfers
DescriptionSpend a night out under the stars on the Makgadikgadi Pan, one of the biggest salt flats in the world located in the middle of northeastern Botswana's dry savanna. Get picked up and dropped off at your hotel in Kasane, and savor included dinner and breakfast. After pickup on the first day, drive for about 4 hours to the Makgadikgadi Pan, specifically the Ntwetwe Pan, one of three large pans in Makgadikgadi. On the way, keep an eye out for wildlife such as ostriches, jackals, ground squirrels, meerkats, and birds. Upon arrival, marvel at a site where, according to recent studies of mitochondrial DNA, humans first began to evolve around 200,000 years ago. Admire a perfect sunset over a vast area, then sleep under the stars on the included bedding and camping equipment. On the second day, enjoy a perfect start with a beautiful sunrise over the salt pan. Tuck into your breakfast, then make your way back to Kasane for drop-off at your hotel.
IncludesEntrance fees Dinner and breakfast Drinks (water, tea, coffee, soft drinks, and a limited number of alcoholic drinks) Camping equipment Hotel pickup and drop-off in Kasane Gratuities Tents Extra alcoholic drinks Insurance
- Please that tents are not provided with the camping equipment as you will be sleeping outside under the stars
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY